Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New Garden Helper

Next year's gardening is already looking better because I now have a new garden helper. Well, maybe not a 'helper' but at least some company and a reason to get me outside.

This is Wags

"Wags" - but probably not for long (we may change his name)
A couple of months ago I saw Wags on Craigslist. At the time I was just looking at the available animals - we weren't really ready to adopt. I thought he sounded like a good fit for us but didn't mention it to the husband because I didn't think we were ready for another dog yet.

But, over the past few months we've finally started remembering China with fondness instead of only with pain and regret.

I went back to Craigslist and there here was again - Wags was still waiting for a home so I sent in an application. After a vet check we were approved and Wags will be coming to live with us on December 22nd. What a great holiday gift!

Wags is currently in an Arkansas shelter where's he's been for about 4-5 months. From the video the rescue posted he looks like he'll be a great addition to our family.

And now I'll have someone to keep an eye out for evil squirrels while I garden. Maybe he'll even take over the Hottentot watch as well.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new addition! I hope Wags settles in quickly. He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete