Monday, April 9, 2012

New Season

Today's weather: 46 degrees Fahrenheit and cloudy with light showers.

It's still a bit chilly here but Spring is on its way. I thought I was a few weeks behind but after looking at last year's notes I see that I'm going to be on the same schedule as 2011.

This isn't anything to really be proud of, especially considering how late Spring came last year and how early it arrived this year. You know what I did that week of 80 degree weather we had a few weeks ago? Nothing - nada - zilch.

I'll be honest - my urge to garden is not strong with me this year, which really sucks since I had so many low-cost yet high-work plans. I want to focus on 'neatening' up my beds this year - extensive weeding, putting down weed blocker sheeting, cutting some turf around existing beds to make them easier to mow around, etc. Basically, I want to get that damn grass out of my way which isn't easy.

The bags will be pulled from the house in the next week or so. I am hoping this will motivate me at least a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. You know this season has been so weird, that I think it's been hard for gardeners to get their spirit up about it. It will come when it stays more consistently like Spring. Besides what you have scheduled is major already.

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete