Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ticks = Bad

It's been a week since I've written and while that's not a rare occurrence on this blog, this time I actually have a legitimate excuse! (No, wait - really!)

Early last week I noticed a red spot on my upper arm. I figured it was a mosquito bite or a pimple (yes, I still get those, dammit) and didn't concern myself. However, it continued to get larger but I still dismissed it as a boil, although it didn't hurt like one.

By Friday night the redness covered my entire shoulder, burned to the touch and I COULDN'T LIFT MY ARM. That's when I started to worry. By Saturday morning I couldn't lift either arm.

Sidenote: Washing your hair when you can't lift your arms requires contortionist acts that most human beings are not capable of.

I saw my doctor on Monday and was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. I'm already better, although the antibiotics are making me a bit nauseous, and I can use my arms again. The right still hurts when lifted too high but it's at least usable.

My poor gardens have been neglected but they're doing fine, the peas especially. The tomatoes have even stayed upright, vertically speaking.

Regular blogging will commence but probably not for a few days. The house is a wreck and I have a lot of stuff to catch up on.

1 comment:

  1. Brandi, so sorry for this experience...and the disruption of your gardening. Our Montana to Maine distance means I can't run over and help you out;) Just last night on the news they were reminding us about ticks, which seem to be heavier in our area due to more rainfall this spring....Rest and refresh while you can -- I know it's hard not to be anxious about your plants and garden, but you need to be at 100% all the time...

    ReplyDelete