Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting for Better Weather

Today's weather: Mostly cloudy with a high of 57 degrees Fahrenheit. The weather hasn't been great the past few days. Pretty cool and rainy.

Not much has happened in the gardens in the past week. The weather hasn't been all that great and, quite frankly, there's not much I can do right now. Funds are very tight.

But, there are still things happening out there.

Excellent
These Daffodils were planted in this spot way before we ever moved in. They never bloomed before this year - we only got the green leaves - but, as you can see, they did very well this Spring.

Last year I started raking out the dead leaves from under the Smoke Bush and that seems to have done the trick. You can't see it in this picture, but a few more flowers are forming in the White Daffodil bed (which had only one flower last year.)

These Daffodils are from a very old Spring bulb flower bed planted decades ago.

Hyacinth Trio
The Hyacinth I bought from the grocery store and then planted last year came back for me. They're much smaller than they were when I bought them, but now they look like the Hyacinth I remember from my childhood.

I wanna rock!
And here's the craft project I mentioned a while back. We have these flat rocks at the base of a couple of rain spouts and I thought it was a waste of good art space. So, I made some mediocre art to liven things up.

I'm not a great artist, but I am proud of that Butterfly. Shiny.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty soon that weather will change and you'll be so busy you won't have time to think.
    Love the little bee on the rock-very sweet!

    ReplyDelete