Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Such a tease

Today's weather: Sunny, high of 77 degrees Fahrenheit...

...but I shouldn't get used to it. Rain is forecast to return tomorrow and will continue to reappear every other day or so. I'm not sure just how much garden work I'm actually going to get done on my extended holiday weekend.

I certainly hope this isn't going to be a repeat of the Summer of 2009. It never seemed to stop raining. The only thing that grew well that year were the crookneck squash. I love crookneck squash but I want tomatoes, too, and more than just the few I got in 2009.

Oh well. I'll just have to wait and see. Two and a half more days and my mini-vacation will be here. I'm determined to get something done, even if it's just clearing the grass that's grown up over my rock and brick borders. Everything looks so scraggly right now.

At least the Huechera (Coral Bells) enjoy the weather. *Sigh*

Coral Bells

No comments:

Post a Comment