Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Waiting for Spring

Today's weather: Sunny and 19 degrees

It looks like the first hint of Spring will come this weekend. We're going to have two whole days above freezing - all the way into the low 40's. It'll be a scorcher, it will.

Yeah, I'm getting impatient. I've gotten into a funk and I'm hoping that Spring cleanup will help pull me out of it. I know what I want to do with the gardens and I might actually be able to afford it this year so now all I have to do is wait. For at least two months.

Ugh.

So, today, to distract myself, I'm going to post some of my favorite pictures from gardens past. They're either photographs of favorite subjects or they're just photos that I think turned out pretty well, since I'm just an amateur photographer with a point-and-click digital camera.

Smoke Bush at its Best

Lilacs for the Birds

Royal Feast

China takes the time to smell the Phlox

Resting on a Hosta leaf

The Phlox have a Royal Visitor

Pink Food

Draping Blue Flowers

A Garden's Best Friend

Field Flowers

Monarch Close-Up

Bright Phlox

1 comment:

  1. Ah, beautiful photos. It has been such a long, long winter here in Maine this year. Hang in there, spring will arrive eventually.

    ReplyDelete