Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Converging Interests

Today's high: 41 degrees F - Sunny

Because of my husband's complete lack of interest, the garden is one of the few things that is completely mine. (And before you make any assumptions, I think this is a good thing. I still find it amazing that I found a man who shares so many of my passions - but I digress.)

And since the garden is completely mine, I get to do whatever I want with it. Yes, I often listen to his advice on layout and color - he's a graphic designer and has a great eye for that kind of thing - but in the end, it's all up to me.

But, to be quite honest, I haven't really been making the gardens 'mine' at all. I've pretty stuck to standard practices as to what to plant and where and, more specifically, how to decorate the garden. My overall theme has been bugs - specifically ladybugs and dragonflies. And that's fine, because I loves me some beneficial bugs, but I want to make the garden space a bit more personal; a garden into which people can glance and know that this isn't your ordinary vegetable plot.

I want a TARDIS in my garden. No, not anything as obvious as this:


I want something a bit more subtle. I think I'm going to paint one of my bird baths dark blue and add the words 'Police Public Call Box' to the rim of the saucer along with a few windows below that. I might even add another small pot to the top for the light.

I'll just say the chameleon circuit is functioning correctly...almost

I've also considered just painting a small TARDIS onto a more conventionally-decorated pot, but I haven't completely decided yet. Maybe I'll do both.

Only one thing is for certain - there will be no Amy Ponds in my TARDIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment