Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm a genius...or a little slow

Today's weather: 12 degrees F, cloudy. Bleah.

I just has a wicked awesome (Maine speak for 'neato') idea for my vegetable garden and it's so obvious that I'm sure I'll sound like an idiot for posting about it, but that's not going to stop me.

Last Summer I had trouble with running out of room in the vegetable garden. The vegetables I like are all vines and my garden is pretty small. And it just hit me - grow the tomatoes by going the 'upside down' route on tall garden hooks. I've wanted to try the upside-down method for a while and this will give me more garden space!

Yeah, I know, so obvious. Probably why I didn't think of it before.

5 comments:

  1. My employers used the exact ones you have posted here last year. As long as they never dry out, they seem to work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Southern California.

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do those things really work? I always thought they were a bit "As Seen On TV"-like. My dad (who lives in Belgrade, so is prolly your neighbor) grows his 'maters in buckets I think...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of people having pretty good luck with them, as long as they're kept hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard mixed reports about those hanging tomatoes but go for it - please tell us how it goes. I'd be interested in your feedback.

    ReplyDelete