Thursday, September 2, 2010

Let's talk about the weather

So, the weather this past week has been nuts. Yeah, we've had a warmer than usual summer here in Central Maine, but it was Summer. Hot temperatures are always a possibility and I try not to complain about that too much. The garden sure did love it. :)

But this week - yikes. The normal highs for this time of year are the mid-70's. For three days now we've been experiencing mid-to-upper 90's. Again. The flowers are not enjoying this and it doesn't help that we haven't had any real rain for over a week.

That's all about to change, though. Hurricane Earl is moving up the coast and a cold front is coming down from the north. Today it will get up to at least 93. By Sunday, the high will be "69, dude!"*

We're certainly looking forward to Sunday. Heck, I'm looking forward to tomorrow! The heat will break, although it will only get down to 83. But after several days of these high temps, 83 will feel nice.

I certainly hope I never have to live in the South ever again. I'm just not suited for it anymore.

 * No, I'm not a surfer. Just a Bill and Ted fan.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Crazy hot weather for this time of year. I can believe we are looking towards a hurricane to break this heat wave, but bring it on! I hope you have a much cooler and comfortable holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting colder here, which is fun as I am currently chopping up the heating pipes. Now, that's what you call good timing!

    ReplyDelete