Monday, August 16, 2010

Enjoying the Bounty

The weather the past week has been very nice. Dry, sunny and warm but not hot - low 80's, high 70's.

The dry weather means that the tomatoes have started turning red and getting there pretty fast. I've had tomatoes for lunch every day for the past week.

All Tomatoes, All the Time
The squash have also been prolific this year and I've had plenty of Squash/Onion stir-fry.

Yum
Other items continue to grow, including a second wave of Hydrangea blooms. I didn't expect  it to bud again after I dead-headed the last flowers, but bud it did.

Late Season Hydrangea Blooms
And, of course, the pumpkins are doing great. This one is halfway to orange, although it's hard to tell in this picture.

Ready for the cool weather
I only planted Sugar/Pie Pumpkins this year, but this one is so big it's going to make at least two pies, maybe more. Which is fine. I loves me some pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment