Thursday, April 22, 2010

Under the Weather

Today's forecast: 64 degrees F with a 50% chance of afternoon thunderstorms

I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days which really bites because the weather has been halfway decent. Sorry for the lack of posting - I just haven't been doing anything in the garden for a few days.

I do have a question for all you Blotanical.com users out there. How do you 'use' the site? Is it just a place to find other blogs, or does it have other uses? I'm pretty net savvy but I find it difficult to navigate that site. Any tips would be appreciated. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Brandi. Sorry you've been under the weather recently.

    LOL! I joined Blotanical a couple of years ago, and it's still a mystery to me. It seems to me it's mostly about picking and ranking. Because I like seeing what other gardeners in other areas are doing, and I like having a blog that gets read, I use it to find other garden bloggers. When you "pick" someone's site, they will usually come and check you out. I've met some really nice folks over there. Because the number of characters in the message box are pretty limited, it's hard to have really meaningful dialogue there, except to say, "Thanks for picking my blog".

    To pick someone's blog, go to their plot, and view their site through Blotanical. You'll see a button that says "Pick". Click that to add to their pick score. To see who has picked you, find the "mine" tab in the Picks section.

    Confusing, isn't it? If you poke around, you'll get it. I hope this helps in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, I guess I have got it figured out then, :). I've done the picking and checking out other blogs (found several, including yours, that are on my 'must read' list now). I just thought there might be more to it that I was missing.

    Although, I still don't particularly like the navigation but that might just be me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep there is something going around. I had a nasty head cold for over a week, and still coughing. It's maddening. Had a nice chat with the lady at the post office yesterday and she said everyone had the same thing.
    Which sucks, because yesterday I picked up my multiplier onions, 50 strawberry roots and Jerusalem Artichokes in the mail. I wonder if I will have enough energy to get them all planted this weekend.

    ReplyDelete