Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring fell asleep again

So, you hear this from everyone: If you don't like the current weather, just wait a few minutes because you live in (fill in the blank with wherever it is you're living.)

I think we all need to realize that weather is just a crazy, fracked up thing no matter where you live. Always has been and is even more so nowadays.

Doesn't stop it from pissing me off, though. Just a few days ago, I took this picture - in fact, it was Thursday, April 14th. That was just two days ago:

How nice. Spring is here and leaves are growing.
 This is how that same exact location looks right this second:

Screw you, Spring! I'm stayin'! - Love, Winter
This does not make me happy. No, it's not really cold enough to hurt any of the flowers that are growing, but it's just depressing. I mean, look at this pathetic sight:

Leave me alone. I'll sulk if I want to.

Poor little Emo flower. All alone and now being snowed on.

The Hostas look even less happy, but that fits their name, doesn't it?

We sprout early for you for this?
It wasn't even supposed to snow here. We were only supposed to get the rain. Ugh. Maine in April.

6 comments:

  1. So that little bit of snow that may have fallen here last night ended up going a bit south just to visit you.
    While we have no snow *knock on wood* it seems all the plants outside are sleeping still. Tulips put up a bit of foliage but not making much progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandi, I noticed you had a link and a map to Maine Garden Day. Did you attend? I did not, as I am usually too antsy about working outside on a Saturday --but not this year!

    If you attended, please post about it, I'd love to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali - No, I'm afraid I didn't get to go. $50 dollars isn't really all that much but I never could scrape it up in time to register.

    Oh well. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the snow. I've lived in cold climates, and I know how frustrating snow can be in April (or sometimes May).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just not on, is it? I'm crossing my fingers here that it keeps getting warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling your pain. However, it's raining right now and maybe that will melt the three feet of snow in parts of the back yard...a gardener can hope, can't she?

    Christine in Alaska

    ReplyDelete